As a result of Coronavirus and recent development, we are issuing guidelines and advice to protect the health and wellbeing of all our clients and staff at The Massage Centre.
We have introduced new protocols to improve hygiene, keeping your health and well-being our number one priority. These measures include:
- We replaced paper hygiene roll with a safer waterproof version
- We’ve introduced a specially designed face towel with collar to prevent any possible face contact with anything but a clean fresh surface
- All linen that you touch is washed, and will be washed after you
- Various hand sanitiser points are provided and we ask all clients to use the one at reception entering the building
- Therapists are washing hands inside and outside of the room
- Surfaces are being cleaned between treatments with antibacterial cleaners
- We have a no handshake policy
- Staff are requested not to come to work if showing any symptoms of any illness
- We are flexing our cancellation policy for anyone would needs to cancel/reschedule for health reasons
What can you do? For everybody’s health protection:
- Please reschedule your appointment if you are feeling unwell – just give us a call
- Please give us as much notice as possible if cancelling/rescheduling. Most of our therapists are self-employed and need the best chance to refill your time slot
- Do continue to receive massage (if healthy) to keep your immune system strong and de-stress from any worry
- Wash your hands before attending your massage, use our hand sanitiser upon entering, and avoid touching your face
If you have been advised to self-isolate, visited a coronavirus hot-spot area, or are displaying symptoms of cough, fever, shortness of breath and believe you may have had contact with somebody with Covid-19 we ask that you not attend your massage appointment. Please speak with our receptionist as soon as possible to make alternative plans.
We have provided hand sanitiser points throughout the clinic and we ask you to clean your hands as you enter the clinic. As mentioned we have also increased our cleaning of surface points and are implementing extra hygiene controls to minimise risk.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will update you on any changes.
The Massage Centre Team
NHS prevention advice:
How to avoid catching or spreading germs.
There are things you can do to help stop viruses like coronavirus spreading.
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately
- wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
Call NHS 111, stay indoors and avoid contact with other people if you’ve travelled to the UK in the past 14 days from:
– Hubei province in China, even if you do not have symptoms.
– Iran, lockdown areas in northern Italy or special care zones in South Korea, even if you do not have symptoms.
– other parts of mainland China or South Korea, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan or Thailand in the last 14 days and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if your symptoms are mild).
– other parts of northern Italy (anywhere north of Pisa, Florence and Rimini), Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Vietnam since 19 February and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if your symptoms are mild)