As a result of Coronavirus we are issuing guidelines and advice to protect the health and wellbeing of all our clients and staff at The Massage Centre. These protocols are to keep your health and well-being our number one priority and may change as the pandemic and local conditions necessitate and government and professional guidelines instruct.
- Pre-Appointment Screening Criteria
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Improved Hygiene Measures
- Social Distancing
Pre-appointment screening criteria
Staff have temperature checks daily and must adhere to preventative steps to stay Covid-19 free in their professional and personal lives.
To book an appointment we ask all clients to confirm:
- They have not had symptoms of Covid-19 in the past 14 days
- Have not been diagnosed or suspected of Covid-19 in the 14 days before their appointment
- Have not been in close contact with someone confirmed or suspected of Covid-19 in the past 14 days
- They are adhering to social distancing
We also ask clients to cancel their appointment if their circumstances have changed before their appointment. On arrival in the treatment room we will carry out a temperature check before proceeding with the scheduled appointment
Personal Protective Equipment
Face masks must be worn by clients on arrival and for all face to face encounters throughout the clinic. Both therapists and clients will wash hands on arrival in the treatment room. Your therapist will don a clean IIR surgical mask, apron and adhere to strict guidelines and treatment protocols to minimise risk to both you and them. All surfaces, linen and touchable objects will be clean for your use.
Improved hygiene measures
- We replaced paper hygiene roll with a safer waterproof version
- We’ve introduced a specially designed face towel with collar to prevent any possible face contact with anything but a clean fresh surface
- All linen that you touch is washed, and will be washed after you
- Various hand sanitiser points are provided and we ask all clients to use the one at reception entering the building
- Therapists are washing hands inside and outside of the room
- Surfaces are being cleaned between treatments with antibacterial cleaners
- We have a no handshake policy
- Removal of unnecessary touch points
- Addition of dispensers for safe discharge of disposable items
- Staff are requested not to come to work if showing any symptoms of any illness
- We are flexing our cancellation policy for anyone would needs to cancel/reschedule for health reasons
We have implemented social distancing practices to reduce and safety manage contact between people within the clinic. Reception has a sneeze screen and all possible interactions such as booking an appointment and making a payment will be carried out between the therapist and client in the room. Therapists will lead the client through the building, managing scenarios where somebody is coming the opposite direct to maintain distance. Our waiting room will be spread out between two rooms and spacing increased, along with advising clients to arrive on-time so that we can directly take you to the treatment room. We will have a reduced therapist count for the foreseeable future and aim to manage our appointments to reduce the amount of people on the premises.
What can you do? For everybody’s health protection:
- Please reschedule your appointment if you are feeling unwell – just give us a call
- Please give us as much notice as possible if cancelling/rescheduling. Most of our therapists are self-employed and need the best chance to refill your time slot
- Do continue to receive massage (if healthy) to keep your immune system strong and de-stress from any worry
- Wash your hands before attending your massage, use our hand sanitiser upon entering, and avoid touching your face
If you have been advised to self-isolate, visited a coronavirus hot-spot area, or are displaying symptoms of cough, fever, shortness of breath and believe you may have had contact with somebody with Covid-19 we ask that you not attend your massage appointment. Please speak with our receptionist as soon as possible to make alternative plans.
We have provided hand sanitiser points throughout the clinic and we ask you to clean your hands as you enter the clinic. As mentioned we have also increased our cleaning of surface points and are implementing extra hygiene controls to minimise risk.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will update you on any changes.
The Massage Centre Team
NHS prevention advice:
How to avoid catching or spreading germs.
There are things you can do to help stop viruses like coronavirus spreading.
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately
- wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- try to avoid close contact with non household people and avoid people who are unwell or who have recently been unwell
Call NHS 111, stay indoors and avoid contact with other people if you’ve travelled to the UK in the past 14 days.