Massage therapy, often referred to as bodywork, is the application of various techniques to the muscular structure and soft tissues of the body. This includes applying fixed or movable pressure to the body, using primarily the hands, but also the forearms and elbows.
“Do you know that stiff neck and shoulders are the most common symptoms we treat?”
Massage has a positive influence on your overall health and well-being. Some of the specific benefits of regular massage include:
- Reduced chronic pain, muscle aches, spasms and headaches, enabling you to enjoy a better quality of life
- Increased flexibility, preventing you from feeling strains of injury and allowing you to perform activities you enjoy
- Increased endorphin production (the body’s natural painkiller), helping you to relax and feel at ease
- Preventing the pain of Repetitive Stress Syndrome, so that you sit at your desk or work out in the gym in comfort
- Increased circulation and movement, helping you look and feel healthier and keeping your mind more focused
- Increased endurance during physical activities, helping you to perform at your best
- Boost to the immune system, reducing the chances of getting a cold or infection
- Improved quality of sleep, so you can feel at your best for the day ahead
- Lowered stress levels, so you can enjoy better balance in all aspects of your life
- Comfort to pregnant women, enabling mothers to be to relax, increase their energy, and relieve discomfort
Bear in mind your treatment at The Massage Centre, will be tailored to your exact needs and requirements, so we can work to achieve the particular health outcome or benefit (s) that are most important to you.