Each month we interview a team member to grasp a snapshot of who they are outside of the clinic. This month Laura is under the spotlight. Laura is a sports and remedial massage therapist from New Zealand who previously had a spell with TMC in 2017 before moving to Canada – we’re glad that she decided to come back to us.
- What made you decide to join the NZ navy?
My dad was in the navy for 30 years and made it sound like a life changing experience – which it was! I had the chance to gain my Chef qualifications, learn so many new skills and travel the world being paid for seven fantastic years.
- What was the strangest experience of navy travel?
Thunder storms when you are out in the middle of the ocean are crazy!
- Last year you took a sabbatical to Canada, what did you like most about it?
Hiking in the Jasper and Banff National Parks where the scenery is breath-taking. My favourite place was Spirit Lake.
- Why did you come back to TMC?
I love the environment, being encouraged to pursue my passion and given the tools to grow.
- If your house was on fire and you could only save three things, what would they be?
My partner David because it is hard to find good men, my phone which is a bit sad but it has all my contacts, bank and life information on it. My passports because they are really annoying to replace.
- Which celebrity would you like to meet most and why?
Dwayne (The Rock) Johnson. I used to watch him wrestle on TV and now he is a massive movie star who still comes across as a cool dude, plus with all the working out he does he probably needs a good sports massage therapist.